Our Story

 

Crossbridge Community Christian Methodist Episcopal (CME) church (previously known as Sykes- Cook CME church) was established in 1887 by J.C. Cook. This early church had a strong desire to serve God, to proclaim and share the gospel of Jesus Christ.

In 1890 the church was admitted into the CME Church Conference becoming the first CME Church organized in what was known as Oklahoma Territory before Oklahoma statehood.

The church was located on Southwest Thirteenth and Harvey Street in 1901. Later worship services were held at Choctaw School at Southwest Seventh and Robinson, from 1920 to 1922. The church built its first auditorium at 1401 S. Walker, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in 1943.

In 1965 the church was renamed to Sykes CME Church and moved to its present location, 1200 South Walker. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma by Thomas B. Norman.

Today, Crossbridge has grown to offer spiritual guidance to college students, singles, couples, and families. A new children’s church as well as small groups and an effective intercessory prayer ministry.

Crossbridge is known for its genuine love and friendliness.